To install Excel Interface for Planning the first time, you need administrative permissions in Windows. If you don't have administrative permissions, talk to your IT representatives and they will help you install it. If you are an IT professional, read the IT installation instructions for per-user and per-machine.
To install Excel Interface for Planning:
- Check the technical requirements before installing Excel Interface for Planning.
- Install Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime .
- Click the link to download the setup file (this is a per-user installation):
- If you have administrative permissions, accept the Windows elevation prompt. If you don't have administrative permissions, you'll be asked to provide credentials for a user that does. Contact your IT department to get the assistance you need.
Make sure your whole team downloads new versions at the same time. Team members using older versions won't be able to view or edit your reports.
Excel Interface for Planning is successfully installed if you can see the Planning tab when you start Excel:
Installation Instructions for IT Personnel
Excel Interface for Planning can be installed per-user or per-machine.
Per-user installation of Excel Interface for Planning
- Is recommended for most users.
- Allows users to install future updates on their own, without administrative permissions.
- Installs files, registry entries and certificates in the user's profile.
Download the setup file to start the installation:
When Workday releases a new update, each user will be prompted to install the update when logging in to Excel Interface for Planning or OfficeConnect. Each user can do this without administrative permissions, or, if preferred, IT can silently install updates for multiple users.
Promptly install the update before the deadline noted in the prompts. In general, users have 30 days from the release of an update before it becomes mandatory; however, high priority updates may have shorter deadlines.
Per-machine installation of Excel Interface for Planning:
- Is recommended for workstations shared by multiple users.
- Allows different users to use Excel Interface for Planning on one machine.
- Allows only Windows administrators to install Excel Interface for Planning updates.
- Installs files, registry entries and certificates for all users.
- Can be used to install Excel Interface for Planning on a Microsoft Windows Server® for use with Remote Desktop Services.
Download the setup file to start the installation: change to
When Workday releases a new update, members of the local Administrators group will be prompted to install the update by a certain date. In general, you have 60 days to install the update from the time of the release.
For the first 45 days, only users with administrative permissions will be notified. After 45 days, users will also start seeing daily notifications of an available update. OfficeConnect and Excel Interface for Planning require the update to be installed by the date listed in the notification.
Although the typical grace period for an update is 60 days from release, the deadline may be shorter for high priority updates.
These parameters can be used with both per-user and per-machine installations. Use:
/quietto install the product silently with no UI.
- INSTALLFOLDER to install the product to a custom location. For example: