This article includes suggestions and workarounds. Content may not be accurate for all use cases or represent best practices for the latest release.
How to export standard account data from one fiscal year and import into a different fiscal year?
There are two ways you can export the standard account data and exclude level rollups from the exports:
- Use Integration > Export
- In format section, check Adaptive Account Names and Account Codes.
- Make sure to deselect ALL checked accounts and levels in the filter section.
- This will generate a non-customized data that excludes rollup levels/accounts with account names/codes for the exported file in Excel format.
2. Create a Matrix Report
- To create a Matrix report to export data, you would select accounts, levels, time periods, and version for the report
- Expand all related hierarchies
- In Report Properties, you would default the report to Excel and check two settings: (1) Repeat row labels in Excel and (2) Suppress rollups.
Because the format in exported data will not be in the same time periods you will need to do the following:
- Download a template by going to Integration > Import data > Download template
- Update and/or add columns for the time periods that you want to import data
- Copy the data from the export file and paste the data into the desired time periods in the import template file
- Save the updated import file
- Go back to the Integration > Import data > select the version (Import Type) and file (Select File) for your import
- Click Import