APART FROM TAKING PRINTABLE VIEWS OF YOUR SHEETS AND RUNNING REPORTS TO EXCEL, YOU MAY ALSO EXPORT DATA VIA THE INTEGRATION>EXPORT DATA SCREEN.
Make sure the appropriate version is selected in the top right corner.
Click ‘edit’ next to each section to make adjustments to your export.
- Format – use Adaptive names and codes or External account codes
- Filter – select the account(s), level(s), and period(s)
- Dimensions – highlight a dimension and use the >> button (if desired)
- Rules – choose a currency rule and whether to include empty rows/qtrs/years
Click the Export button at the bottom and review your Excel output.
Dos and Don’ts
- Do: make sure you have the right version selected
- Do: select ‘None’ for both accounts and levels if you want the system to automatically export data for only account/level combinations that contain data
- Don’t: try to avoid exporting too many years, levels, and accounts all at one time.
- For example, if exporting a large number of years or levels, try to split the export up into separate pieces (e.g. only exporting a few years at a time).