How should I modify a Standard import template to match my standard sheet format?
Modeled and cube templates will already match to your sheet and will not need any modification. Standard import templates can be adjusted as needed using the steps below:
- Go to the navigation menu > Integration > Import Data
(Note: You will need the "Import Capabilities" role permission enabled for your user in order to access this page.)
- Fill out the appropriate fields, such as whether you are importing into the Actuals version or a specific Plan version.
- Click "Download template" to get an excel file to import your data. The file will originally look something like this:
A description of the columns is as follows:
- Account - This column is where you should post your accounts. You can post your account code, account name, or the name of your account in your source system. The appropriate choice will depend on how your accounts are mapped.
- Level - This column is for each level in your organization structure that will have imported data
- Split Label - It is possible to import multiple splits within one account and level intersection. If desired, you can enter the name of your splits here. If not, leave this section blank.
- Region (Dimension) - This column is for any sub-categories of your data. Most standard sheets will not have dimensions, in which case you can delete this column. If you do have dimensions in your standard sheet, you can change "Region" to be the name of your custom dimension, and add multiple other dimension columns if desired.
- Timespan - This value defaults to January and February 2013, but it can be extended or replaced with new time values as needed. However, it is important to use the exact format used in the template.
- Once you have edited the dimension and timespan columns to reflect the data that you will import, you can add the appropriate data to the columns and then import the completed file.