How do I use an excel template to import data into Adaptive?
You can import data into standard, modeled, and cube sheets using the steps below:
- Go to the navigation menu > Integration > Import Data
(Note: You will need the "Import Capabilities" role permission enabled for your user in order to access this page.)
- Fill out the appropriate fields, such as whether you are importing into the Actuals version or a specific plan version.
- If you are importing into any standard sheet, simply click the "Standard" option.
- If you are importing into a modeled or cube sheet, select the option below "Standard" and choose the desired sheet from the drop-down menu.
- Click "Download Template" to download an excel file that is customized for the particular sheet based on your selections from step #2.
- Insert data into the template.
- If you are importing into a modeled or cube sheet, your template will not need to be modified before adding your data, so you can post your data in the required fields and then skip to step 5.
- If you are importing into a standard sheet, you may need to modify your template to match the values that you are interested in, as in the steps mentioned in this article
- Click Import. The first step will attempt to match the accounts in your file to the accounts that are set up in adaptive.
If you have existing account mappings in the system, you can choose the option that best fits those mappings. If you do not have account mappings in the system, you can choose any of the options and select "Continue".
- The resulting page will show a table where you can add and/or modify account mappings. To add mappings to the system, follow the steps below:
- Levels and any dimension values you may have will have a mappings page that will follow the same process as accounts. Once those mappings have been verified, Click the Import button to complete the process.