I am receiving a message saying my cube is at 95% capacity and will not display when the limit is reached. What is the maximum size for Cube Sheets and can this limit be increased?
Cube sheets may contain up to 1 GB of data and will not display once they exceed this size.bThe 1 GB maximum is calculated per version, meaning that in each version, the cube can contain up to 1 GB of data (e.g. Actuals can have 1 GB and 2016 Forecast can have 1 GB).
How do I found what capacity my cube sheet is at?
- Modeling > Sheet > Edit Cube Sheet
- You will see a percentage at the top of the screen if the cube is above 50% capacity. The % of capacity is how close you are to hitting the 1 GB (in one or more versions).
If you do not see a percentage indicated at the top of the screen or a warning message, then the cube is less than 50% capacity.
If the cube exceeds 1 GB, a % of capacity will not appear. Rather, a warning will read: “This cube sheet has too much data to display in one or more versions."
- When viewing the cube sheet you will also see a warning: "This sheet has too much data to display."
Below are a few options for getting the cube to display (reducing the amount of data in the cube):
- Reducing the number of years in the version.
- Reducing the number of accounts or dimensions available on the cube.
- Splitting the cube into two smaller cube sheets.
The 1GB maximum is put in place as a performance and stability measure. As such, the 1 GB maximum may not be increased.