How do I know what month of data is being displayed in a modeled sheet?
This depends on three settings: the reference month, rollup range, and the start of rollup range. These settings can be customized for each individual column in the modeled sheet.
How to Edit these Settings:
First, go to Admin > Manage Sheets on Levels > “Sheet Name” > Columns and Levels. After clicking on a display column, you can access the display columns on the right side of the page as shown in the image below.
What the Options Mean:
- First non-actuals month: This is the month after the month set for the Completed Values Through field in the Actuals version in Admin > Manage Versions.
- Start of Plan: This represents the month that is set as the Start of Plan for the particular version that is shown.
Rollup Range: This setting determines how many months will be summed together for the display column. It is commonly set to 1 or 12 to represent a month or year of data respectively.
Start of Rollup Range: This represents the beginning of a rollup range, and each option is relative to the reference month. The options are as follows:
- Reference Month
- Start of quarter containing Reference Month
- Start of fiscal year containing Reference Month
- Month before Reference Month
- Start of quarter that ends before Reference Month
- Start of fiscal year that ends before Reference Month
- Month after Reference Month
- Start of quarter after Reference Month
- Start of fiscal year after Reference Month