A plan, for publishing purposes, is one or more Adaptive Insights sheets in a version containing a range of dates, levels, accounts, and dimensions. When you publish a plan, you send the data and metadata of an Adaptive Insights plan version into Workday as a draft.
How it Works
Before you can publish, a Plan Administrator in Workday first builds a plan structure and creates plan templates. These plan templates contain start and end dates that line up with Adaptive Insights version start and end dates. When you publish a plan, that plan becomes a draft based on the templates in Workday.Within the Adaptive Insights Version Admin page, an administrator selects the version to publish from, then selects what type of plan can publish from that version.
Anyone with Publishing role permissions gets access to the the Publish to Plan link in the main Adaptive Insights navigation. The Publish to Plan page lists all of the publishable versions and their publishing status. To publish a plan, select a Planning Version and the Workday Plan it publishes to, then select Publish.
After you publish a plan the Publish History records the:
- Publish Date
- Published Version
- Modeled Sheet for Headcount plans
- Publishing details
- Required Permissions: Publish to Plan and Financial Plans.
- Provisioning must complete the Workday Power of One settings for your Adaptive Insights instance
- Verify user synchronization with Workday completed.
- Verify the Workday Data Source in Integration is configured and Account and Dimension metadata loaded from Workday.
- Verify you see Publish to Plan in the main navigation menu. If you don't, ask an administrator to grant you the required permissions.
- Verify a Workday Plan Administrator built your Workday plan structure and plan templates.
- Verify new domains and business process types are enabled and configured in Workday.
- Verify that the Adaptive Insights plan version you want to publish has the appropriate Publishing Access settings within the Version Admin page.
From the ナビゲーションメニュー select Publish to Plan
Publish a Headcount Plan
- Select Headcount for the plan type.
- Select a Planning version. Only versions with Publishing Access show up in the list.
- Select a Workday Plan to publish to.
- Map your Adaptive Insights account to the corresponding accounts in Workday.
- Select Publish.
- Wait a few minutes and refresh the page to verify publication succeeded.
Resolve Publication Status Issues
- Select a plan type.
- Select the status link in the Plan History for a failed plan publication to view the Process Manager in Workday.
- Select the Messages tab to read about the worktags encountering publishing issues.
- Decide if you want to resolve warnings or ignore them.
- Make any needed adjustments to your plan and retry publishing.
- Wait a few minutes and refresh the page to verify publication status completes.