This article includes suggestions and workarounds. Content may not be accurate for all use cases or represent best practices for the latest release.
I am trying to open a sheet, but I have been stuck on the "Rendering..." stage for a long time. Why is my sheet failing to completely load and what does rendering mean?
Rendering is the process where your network communicates with your browser to grab HTML code (aka gathering data) from a remote server. The process of gathering data can get stuck if there is something interrupting the communication between the browser and the network. When a sheet gets stuck in the rendering stage, it can be related to the browser you are using or the network being used to access the internet. The tests below can be used to determine if this is browser or network related.
- If you normally use one specific browser for your internet activity, try using a different browser to access Adaptive Insights and load the sheet (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Safari).
- Review the current version of your browser with the steps below to see if it is the most updated version available. See the Technology Requirements page for a list of supported browsers and versions.
- Chrome: Click on the Menu icon in the upper right corner > About Google Chrome
- Firefox: Click on the Menu icon in the upper right corner > Settings or Help > About Firefox
- Internet Explorer: Click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner > About Internet Explorer
- Edge: Click on the "Settings and more" icon in the upper right corner > Settings > scroll down to the "About this app" section
- Safari: Click on the Menu icon in the upper left corner > About Safari
You can also check your version by going to your machines Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > and searching for your browser.
- If there are other users accessing Adaptive Insights from the same network, ask them if they are encountering the same behavior when loading the sheet.
- If you are stuck on the "Rendering..." icon while using your office's network, try using your home network or another secure network to access Adaptive Insights and load the sheet.
- Contact your IT team to see if your company's network is experiencing any interruptions or down time.