You must connect to the Adaptive server to:
- Access to Adaptive plans to open in Excel.
- Submit changes to the Adaptive server.
- Refresh the plan in Excel with changes made on the Adaptive server.
If you have OfficeConnect installed, you can work between the Excel Interface for Planning and OfficeConnect Reporting - all from one Excel workbook. These steps explain how to:
- Connect to the Adaptive server when working with Adaptive Planning sheets in Excel as a stand-alone.
- Connect to OfficeConnect when the Excel Interface for Planning add-in is enabled on Excel.
Connect to the Adaptive Server from Excel
These steps explain how to log in to the Adaptive Server when you are using Excel as a stand-alone (i.e., without OfficeConnect).
To connect to the Adaptive server:
- Launch Excel.
- Click the Planning tab from the Excel ribbon and click Log In.
Connect to the Adaptive Server with OfficeConnect and Adaptive Planning Sheets Open in Excel
You can work with the Excel Interface for Planning and OfficeConnect if both are installed on Excel.
To work with both Excel Interface for Planning and OfficeConnect for Excel:
- Launch Excel Interface for Planning from the Microsoft Start menu and select OfficeConnect for Excel. The Planning tab and OfficeConnect tab are displayed next to each other.
- Navigate to the Planning tab and click Log In to automatically log you into the Adaptive server.
Alternatively, click the Switch to Planning link from the left pane.
You can choose to work offline as you make changes in Excel and log back in to submit changes or to refresh. To work offline, click Log Off from the Planning tab in the Excel ribbon.