How can I create a customized Welcome Page?
The Dashboards tab was discontinued in the 2013.2 release and replaced with the Announcements tab. Clients who already had the Dashboards tab will retain the same Dashboard functionality they have always had. The functionality of the Announcements tab is the same as Report Dashboards.
1. Create a simple .txt or .html file using a program such as Notepad on a PC or TextEdit on a Mac.
→Helpful Hint: Two sample .html announcement pages are attached to this article that can be used as a basis for your customized welcome page.
2. When you save for an HTML file, it is important to make sure the file ends with the “.html” extension. This let's the computer know this file should be displayed as a webpage.
Note: If you are creating a simple text file, you should save the file as .txt.
3. From the Reports tab, select New Report > Upload File to upload the .html or .txt file as a Shared Report in Adaptive Insights.
4. Create a Shared Report Dashboard from Admin > Manage Dashboards. To push the Welcome Page out to end-users, click on None to populate the level selector. Then, select the level(s) on which you want this dashboard to be available and click the Save icon.
5. To make the Welcome Page the default dashboard, click on the Dashboards tab and then click on the Welcome Page. From the Welcome Page, click on the green check-mark underneath the version selector.
6. If you want your users to see this page as soon as they login, you can set their Start page to Dashboards from Admin > Edit Users.
7. When the user logins, they will now see the customized welcome page.