Once you’ve made several components, you may find that you want to share them with your coworkers. You can do that with just a few clicks, making your components available for coworkers to add to their perspectives, dashboards, and ribbons.
Be aware that sharing makes the component available for editing, not just for using. If you share a dial with someone and they edit it in the Visual Designer, the changes appear when you look at the dial because it’s the same dial. If you need to, make a copy of your component before sharing it by clicking Copy to personal folder in theActions menu.
To share a component:
- Open the component you wish to share by clicking its name in the Components menu.
- Click Share this Component in the Actions menu. The Share dialog appears.
- Double-click one or more usernames in the Available list to add them to the Selected list.
- To see exactly which users you are publishing to, check the show all individuals box. This makes the dialog view-only. To resume adding names to the list, uncheck the box.
- To remove a name from the Selected list, double-click it.
- When you are satisfied with the Selected list, click Save to share your component.