As manager of US Operations, you want to see all operating expenses for specific US regions for FY 2020.
Do the following. See Create and Manage Element Groups for detailed steps.
- Use Apply Selection as a Group to apply the following levels to the columns:
- Sales - North
- Sales - South
- Services - East
- Services - West
- Use Apply Immediate Children as a Group to apply all operating expense types to the rows.
- Apply FY 2020 as a secondary element to all the levels
- Refresh report.
A request comes in to add the Sales - Midwest level under US operations. Also, there's a need to create a new Miscellaneous group of expenses to account for un-categorized operating expenses.
Do the following. See Managing the Model for detailed steps.
- Under Modeling > Model Management, add a Sales - Midwest level that roles up to US under Operations.
- Under Modeling > Model Management, add a Miscellaneous GL account that roles up to Operating Expenses.
Back in OfficeConnect, you update the element group to dynamically reflect the latest element changes in the report.
Do the following:
- In OfficeConnect, locate the Connection group in the ribbon.
- Select Update Elements to bring in the latest changes to the model.
- In the task pane, verify:
- Miscellaneous displays as an operating expense.
- Sales - Midwest displays under Operations > United States.
- In the ribbon, select Update Groups. Note the following updates:
- Miscellaneous displays as a new expense row.
- Sales - Midwest appears as a new level column.
- Select Refresh. Note the data updates to now display FY 2020 values for the additional level and expense account.