This article includes suggestions and workarounds. Content may not be accurate for all use cases or represent best practices for the latest release.
Why are my numbers not shifting correctly when I insert rows in OfficeConnect?
Occasionally, add-ins will cause data to shift incorrectly when a user inserts rows or columns in OfficeConnect. In these situations, the Excel rows will shift while the cell metadata (information about what goes in the cell) does not shift in the same manner.
In this situation, disabling add-ins or using “hot keys” allow users to insert rows and columns without a problem.
To disable add-ins that may be causing the problem:
- Close OfficeConnect and Excel (if running)
- Open Excel and go to File>Options>Add-Ins
- Under "Manage" at the bottom, click "Go..." with Excel Add-ins selected
- If any are checked, uncheck them
- Go back to File>Options>Add-Ins, change "Manage" to "COM Add-ins", click "Go..."
- Uncheck any add-ins if any are present (it should be fine to keep "Adaptive Planning for Excel" checked)
- Once all add-ins are unchecked, close Excel
- Login to OC to test whether the behavior still occurs
However, if you would like to keep add-ins enabled, users can typically insert rows and columns without a problem by using the “hot keys” alt+i+right-click rather than right-click+insert. This method allows users to insert rows and columns even while the offending add-ins remain enabled.