Access Multiple Instances in OfficeConnect and Excel Interface for Planning
All the instances you can access are now listed in a drop-down menu in the Planning and Reporting panes. You can open and update other workbooks with different instances at the same time.
- Use one instance per OfficeConnect workbook: After you add elements to the workbook, the instance selection drop-down locks. Open another workbook to access a different instance.
- Use one instance per Excel Interface for Planning worksheet: After you add a sheet (and its content) to the grid, the Instances drop-down locks for that sheet. Add a new sheet to access a different instance.
Watch the video (1m 19s):
New Ribbon in OfficeConnect: New Buttons, Less Errors, Faster Production
We've added new buttons and rearranged others for ease of use.
- New Update Elements : Click to refresh the Reporting pane elements.
- New Apply to Selection : Click to add elements to selected columns and rows.
- Refresh and Clear Data : We separated these two different actions to reduce errors.
Clutter-Free OfficeConnect Reporting Pane
Your Reporting pane is clutter-free—and don't worry—all those functions that were in the Reporting pane are still at your fingertips.
Here's where you can find the same functions that used to be on the Reporting pane:
Apply to selected cells
Find it on your OfficeConnect ribbon toolbar, and it's still there in your right-click menu too.
Expand and collapse
Just right-click on any element in the Reporting pane to find all your expand and collapse options for easy management of your element tree.
Find it in your OfficeConnect ribbon toolbar:
Find and Select Dimensions Faster in Excel Interface for Planning Sheets
For modeled and standard sheets with dimensions, you don't have to scroll through cell-sized drop-downs to find and select your dimensions. Click a cell with dimensions and open the new list of dimension values. The new list is:
- Easy to browse: Expand and collapse the hierarchical list using arrows or quick right-click commands.
- Searchable: Start typing and the list narrows to match your keywords.
To open the list, you have two choices:
- Click the new button in the ribbon:
- Right-click, select Adaptive > Select Dimension Value.
Modeled Sheet Filters Include Split Rows
Whether you're filtering a modeled sheet in the cloud or with Excel Interface for Planning, your filter results now include split rows.